Austin foodies are at it again. Back in April, local bakeries, food bloggers, and home cooks came together to raise over eleven thousand dollars toward relief efforts in Japan. The devestating wildfires in Bastrop have claimed over 1,500 houses, leaving thousands of our neighbors homeless, and local firefighters in need of aid. Once again, Austin bakers are coming together to try and help.
Want to get involved? Here are three ways to help support the sale!
A) Visit the Austin Bakes for Bastrop Blog to learn about how you can volunteer or donate baked goods for the the sale on Sunday, October 1st.
B) Help spread the word by putting up a flyer at your workplace or community bulletin board:
- Austin Bakes for Bastrop Flyer– small file size for e-mailing & web
- Austin Bakes for Bastrop Flyer- large file size for printing
D) Live outside of Austin? Donations can be made online.
E) Stop by a bake sale location and load up on delicious, handmade goodies!! The bake sale will take place October first from 10 am to 2 pm at the following locations throughout Austin:
- Community Renaissance Market, 6800 Westgate Boulevard, 78745
- The Flying Saucer at The Triangle, 815 W. 47th Street, 78751
- Foreign & Domestic, 306 E. 53rd Street, 78751
- Hotel San Jose, 1316 South Congress Avenue, 78704
- Old Settler’s Park, 3300 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock, 78665
- Whole Foods Market Gateway, 9607 Research Boulevard #300, 78759
- Whole Foods Market Lamar, 525 N. Lamar Boulevard, 78703
Here are some photos from the Austin Bakes For Japan sale in April.