Chances are that you have heard about the tragedy in West, Texas, a town not far from Austin. These folks have been through a lot, and they need help. While the town has been receiving piles of physical donations, what they really need right now is cash. Once again, the friendly foodies of Austin have come together to raise money for a good cause.
The foodies of Austin have banded together once again under the flag of Austin Bakes. On Saturday, May 4th from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., hundreds of bakers, bloggers, businesses, and consumers will unite for “Austin Bakes for West,” a bake sale fundraising event to help those affected by the recent explosion in West, Texas. Over 80 home cooks and dozens of local businesses will be contributing baked goods at locations throughout Austin, with proceeds going to AmeriCares relief efforts in West.
EAT: Visit any of the locations below on Saturday, May 4th from 10am to 2pm.
Austin Bakes for West locations:
- Bee Cave: Whole Foods Market Bee Cave, 12601 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave, TX 78738
- Central: Foreign & Domestic, 306 E. 53rd Street, 78751
- Central: Stiles Switch BBQ & Brew, 6610 N Lamar Blvd, 78757
- Downtown: Whole Foods Market Lamar, 525 N. Lamar Boulevard, 78703
- East: Springdale Farm, 755 Springdale Road, 78702
- North: Whole Foods Market Gateway, 9607 Research Boulevard #300, 78759
- Round Rock: Round Rock Market Days, 221 E. Main St., Round Rock, TX 78664
- South: Crema Bakery, 9001 Brodie Lane, Suite B, 78748
BAKE: If you'd like to bake for the event, please sign up here.
DONATE: If you'd prefer to make a monetary donation directly, you can do so through Austin Bakes' Americare page.
SPREAD THE WORD: Nothing helps a good cause like publicity. Austin Bakes is on Twitter, Facebook, and online at AustinBakes.com. Tweet them, Re-tweet them, like them, and blog about them. For more information, download Austin Bakes for West press release here: