Yogurt Mint Facial Mask: a gentle cleansing mask to brighten and revitalize the skin
Ohhhh yogurt. It’s amazing stuff. The lactic acids in yogurt gently loosen dead skin cells, making them easy to scrub away with just the tiniest bit of friction. This makes it a real treasure for folks with sensitive skin. Exfoliation can be a bit traumatic when your skin turns beet red from even the slightest irritation.
In this super simple yogurt mint facial mask, I combine plain whole milk yogurt with gentle kaolin clay and a few drops of cooling mint and deep cleansing tea tree. A teaspoon of honey adds a little bit of moisturizing benefit as well. This concoction is gentle enough to be used every day, and does wonders for revitalizing your skin. It was whipped up with facial care in mind, but really, you can put this stuff all over the place.
The neck, chest, and shoulders are often in more need of attention than most people realize, so make yourself a big ol’ batch of minty goodness and slather thyself head to toe. You’ll look ridiculous, but you will feel amazing.
Yogurt Mint Facial Mask
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoonwhite kaolin clay
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a non-metal bowl using a non-metal utensil.
- Steam your freshly cleaned skin with a nice hot washcloth. Pat dry, then apply the mask liberally wherever you please.
- Allow the mask to set for 10-2 minutes. It is very gentle, so it’s ok to leave it on a little longer if you want. Take a bath, read a book, whatever floats your boat.
- Rinse the mask away with warm water and follow with a toner (I love this one) and a moisturizer, and don’t forget your SPF come daybreak!